March to August 1966
A few years ago a project was established to prepare certain naval historical documentation of the Vietnam War for publication on the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, the project was put on hold due to a lack of personnel resources, though two documents were posted at http://www.history.navy.mil/docs/vietnam/vietdocs.htm. The historical data had languished on a computer hard drive of Ramon Jackson, who originally digitized and formatted the material. Glenn E. Helm, Head of Reference, Navy Department Library, Naval Historical Center, discussed the matter with Jackson, and they agreed that Jackson could contact the Mobile Riverine Force Association (MRFA) concerning the online publication of the documents. Since the documentation relates to the on-going progression of naval activity during the Vietnam War, both men felt the MRFA may have the web resources to handle such a volume of material. Soon after Jackson contacted the MRFA it was decided that the historical documentation had, indeed, found a "Home".
We at the MRFA are grateful for Glenn and the NHC's confidence in entrusting these historical documents to our association. They have not been viewed by anyone other than researchers. We will treat the documents with honor and trust that many former sailors, as well as the general public, will gain much knowledge from their content. It is our pleasure to share such a partnership with the Navy Historical Center.
[ Click on a Document to View it's Content ]
1) United States Naval Operations Vietnam, Highlights; (No. 6) March 1966
2) United States Naval Operations Vietnam, Highlights; (No. 7) April 1966
3) United States Naval Operations Vietnam, Highlights; (No. 8): May 1966
4) United States Naval Operations Vietnam, Highlights; (No. 9) June 1966
5) United States Naval Operations Vietnam Highlights; (No.10) July 1966
6) United States Naval Operations Vietnam Highlights; (No. 11) August 1966
To View "Highlights" that Precede the Above click on the Link Below: